Two cycle races will be taking place in our region. The Men’s Junior Road Race starts at 09.30 on Saturday 23 September, with the Men’s Elite Road Race setting off at 10.05 the following day. Both races start at Rong in Øygarden, continue through Fjell and finish in Bergen city centre.
From 14 to 25 September, buses to and from Bergen city centre will start and terminate at Bergen Bus Station. The Championships will mainly impact Sotra and Øygarden on 23 and 24 September. Shuttle buses will run between Straume terminal and Bergen city centre from 16 to 24 September. There will also be dedicated shuttle buses along the Championship route in Øygarden on 23 and 24 September.
There will be big changes to public transport in connection with the UCI Road World Championships. You can find information about public transport before, during and after the Championships at www.skyss.no
Extra bus routes in Fjell on Saturday 23 September (in addition to standard scheduled services).
There will be big changes to public transport in connection with the UCI Road World Championships. You can find information about public transport before, during and after the Championships at www.skyss.no.
- Saturday 23 September from 08.45 up to three hours.
- Sunday 24 September from 09.15 ut to three hours.
- The entire race route will be closed for the standard closure period (three hours). In Øygarden, the road will be re-opened on Saturday and Sunday as soon as the race has passed through.
- The road south of the roundabout at Kolltveit (Fv 555) to Blommen (Bildøyna exit) will be closed for the standard closure period.
Race route in Øygarden and Fjell (23 and 24 September)
Rong (start), Ågotnes, Kolltveit (Fv 561), Kolltveit (Fv 555), Straume, Sartor Storsenter shopping centre, Knarrvika, Sotra Bridge, Bergen city centre. Roads subject to traffic control:
- Bildøyvegen (kv 1292): Open to internal traffic but no access from Sartor Storsenter shopping centre or Bildøyosen during the standard closure period.
- Vestsidevegen (Ågotnes-Møvik, Fv 210): Open to internal traffic but no access from Ågotnes or Møvik during the standard closure period.
- The roads will be open to emergency vehicles at all times.
- Temporary reduction in speed limit for Rongøy and Toftøy in Øygarden.
- Rong Senter (Øygarden): Parking north of Rong with onward bus transport to Rong Senter shopping centre. There will also be parking south of Rong Senter with onward bus transport to the shopping centre.
- Ågotnes (Fjell): Note that Fv 561 and 210 (Vestsidevegen) are closed for three hours in connection with the races.
- Kolltveit (Fjell): No parking in the area by the roundabout.
- Sartor Storsenter shopping centre (Fjell): Grønamyrsvegen will open once the riders have passed.
- A large P indicates places you can park.
- Stewards will direct you to places to park.
- Signs will show where internal traffic is allowed.
- Reception area by the Svelgen Bridge in Øygarden: parking guides for private cars and motorhomes.
Extra public transport provided by Fjell and Øygarden municipalities
- Extra buses will run from selected stops before and after the closure period (Fjell).
- There will be extra buses to the event zone at Rong Senter and the cheering zones at Vik, Nordlavatnet and Torsvikhuset (Øygarden).
- Extra buses will also run to the event zones (Ågotnes, Kolltveit and Straume) in the morning. These will be marked «Fjell kommune VM-buss». Please note that transfer to other buses is not possible.
Extra buses will run between Straume and Bergen city centre once the riders have passed. Read more at www.skyss.no.
On Sunday 24 September, boats will operate between Ågotnes and Bergen.
There may be changes to traffic management in connection with the UCI Road World Championships. Updated information will be published on the websites www.sykkelivest.no and www.skyss.no/
Please remember that special traffic management will be in place for Bergen/the Bergen area throughout the Championships, from 16 to 24 September. You can find more information about this on the official website www.bergen2017.no/.
Map – closed roads
Information: The cycle route (red) will be closed to all traffic:
- Saturday 23.09.2017 from 08.45 up to three hours.
- Sunday 24.09.2017 from 09.15 up to three hours.
Roads subject to traffic control (orange): Vestsidevegen, Bildøyvegen and part of Rv 555 south of Kolltveit.